The typo3_forum extension aims to be a full-featured discussion board plug-in for TYPO3 users. The first version was created for the German TYPO3 bulletin board typo3.net and it is designed to serve large groups of user.
For more information please take a closer look at the official bug and issue tracker on the Github ( https://github.com/mittwald/typo3-forum/issues ). There, you will also find the typo3_forum develop branch from where you can retrieve the most current development snapshot.
If you have question or problems in setting up the extension, we open a Slack Channel on typo3.slack.org. #ext-typo3_forum.
What does it do?¶
The typo3_forum is a frontend plugin that adds a discussion board to your TYPO3-based website. The extension was originally written to be used for discussing questions about TYPO3 in the TYPO3 portal TYPO3.net by Mittwald CM Service.
The extension currently consists of 10 different plugins. These plugins provide the following features:
- Forum – The typo3_forum : Forum plugin offers all the basic functionalities of a full-featured discussion board, e.g. the display of different message boards as well as threads and posts contained in these message boards.
- User profile – The typo3_forum : View of the Profile of all users. The plugin offers functionalities for the user to edit his/her own user information.
- Moderation/Reports: List and edit reports – The typo3_forum : List of all topics and posts and reports for morderators.
- Users List – The typo3_forum : a listview of a all user
- Dashboard – The typo3_forum : The Dahshboard plugin displays a complete list of all users that are currently on-line or have been recently on-line. Furthermore, it shows interesting statistics, like the amount of posts written in the forum.
- Tags – The typo3_forum : Tags plugin offers the functionality to categorize topics and posts
- “MyTags” of a user – The typo3_forum : The plugin “MyTags” shows a list of the Tags from a user
- Private Messages – The typo3_forum : Private messaging plugin implements a messaging system allowing users to write private messages among each other.
- Posts List – The typo3_forum : The Plugin in shows a list of all posts of the forum
- Topics List – The typo3_forum : The Plugin in shows a list of all topics of the forum